Our exclusive supplier for components for hydraulic cylinders is Naldoni e Biondi S.r.l.
Standard components for hydraulic cylinders
With standard components Naldoni e Biondi refers to components manufactured with those characteristics and dimensions, that are more frequently requested on the market. Standard components are produced in steel and non steel-materials and stainless steel 316 L. Their production is done inside the company workshop, in Italy, using materials coming from the European Union.
Different types of heads, pistons, end plugs, nuts, ports and seals are packed together in various combinations and supplied in kits. In this way six items are ordered with only one code; the storing place is reduced; the picking process is shortened.
Special components based on the customer’s drawing
Customized components production is done inside the company workshop, in Italy, using materials coming from the European Union. Production times are related to the details’ complexity and requested quantity but in any case they are short and negotiated with the customer.
Patented standard components: Patended self-locking piston
The self-locking piston patented by Naldoni e Biondi S.r.l. is characterized by a nylon collar assembled at the end of the thread that ties the piston and the rod.
The self-locking system:
- avoids every possibility of unscrewing
- guarantees the tightening of the piston
- eliminates the additional operations and reduces the time of assembly
- facilitates the disassembly during the maintenance
- permits to re-use the piston after removal
- safeguards the rod integrity
- does not alter dimension and conformation of the standard piston
Download: Self-locking piston (report)
Standard components for the cushioning cylinder system
Cushioning method: components and operation
- HEAD: the head used in the cushioning system is different from the standard one, as it is characterized by an extended cavity at the bottom.
- END PLUG: the end plug used in the cushioning system is characterized by a hollow in the central part.
- PISTON: the piston used to create the cushioning effect maintains all the advantages of the self-locking piston patented by Naldoni e Biondi. In particular, it is characterized by an upper extension related to the cavity dimension of the matching head.
- BRAKING IN THE EXTENSION PHASE
At the end of the extension, near the end of stroke position, the piston approaches and pierces the head cavity: this creates a braking chamber where the oil is forced into an obstructed passage, which decelerates the rod stroke and avoids the mechanical contact between the parts.
- BRAKING IN THE RETRACTION PHASE
The rod end approaches and pierces the end plug cavity towards the end of the retraction phase: this creates a braking chamber where the oil is forced into an obstructed passage, which decelerates the rod stroke and avoids the mechanical contact between the parts.